Laser vaginal rejuvenation, known famously (although not quite accurately) as ‘vaginal plastic surgery’, is a procedure women may decide to have for one or multiple reasons. The procedure itself, performed with laser treatment, tightens and reshapes the vagina, vulva or labia. It can help improve overall sexual gratification and is also an excellent treatment for women who suffer from stress urinary incontinence – an inconvenient condition, to say the least. At Texas Urological Clinic, we offer vaginal rejuvenation with the diVa laser to provide you with an effective, comfortable experience that doesn’t require downtime.
Why Choose Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation?
Even though this is one of the most popular types of cosmetic treatments, women often wonder whether they would be a good candidate for the procedure. In general, it’s recommended for women who have begun to experience vaginal laxity or irritation due to one or many life events.
We also tend to find that there are very distinct characteristics that patients who choose vaginal rejuvenation all have in common. Women who are good candidates for treatment with diVa often have experienced:
- The birth of a child or children that has caused an alteration or stretching of the vagina
- Unexplained soreness or pain during sexual activity, or when performing other activities such as cycling or horseback riding
- Loss of sensation during intercourse
- Sagging structures of the vagina such as the vulva or labia
- Chronic pain or discomfort of the vagina that is unexplained by other medical conditions
- Stress urinary incontinence
- The overall desire to improve the appearance of the labia and vulva
How Can diVa Vaginal Rejuvenation Help?
Women looking to relieve themselves of the self-consciousness felt from the events or characteristics usually make perfect candidates for treatment with diVa.
Many patients also experience increased sexual gratification, improving pleasure and intimacy between both them and their partners. Typically, laser vaginal rejuvenation restore women’s intimate areas to the way they were before pregnancy and childbirth.
At Texas Urological Clinic in Lufkin, the procedure can be customized based on individual goals and needs. Typically, it can be performed on adult women of all ages, and is a quick three to five minute procedure. We can help you decide if laser vaginal rejuvenation is the right treatment for you, so contact us for a one-on-one consultation today!