Mention the term menopause and no woman (young or old) will have anything nice to say about it. Unfortunately, it’s part of the aging process, and every woman will have to endure this period at some point in their life. However, it is possible to escape these horrible and sometimes painful menopause symptoms thanks to hormone therapy in Lufkin.
What is Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)?
Hormone replacement therapy for women can simply be described as the process of replacing a woman’s sex hormones when menopause signs arrive. Menopause is a difficult stage for every woman because it’s the time menstruation stops permanently and sex hormone levels go down. The goal of hormone therapy is to alleviate menopausal symptoms, as well as prevent complications such as osteoporosis.
Is Hormone Replacement Therapy Right for You?
Of course, our team of experts has the final say on whether this type of treatment is right for you or not. In some cases, other treatment options may be recommended to cope with menopausal symptoms. It’s highly recommended that you seek a qualified professional’s opinion regarding hormone replacement therapy.
Signs That Hormone Replacement Therapy May Be Good for You
Hormone therapy could work for you if:
• You have severe menopausal symptoms such as headaches, night sweats, insomnia and painful intercourse.
• Your family has a history of developing colon cancer or osteoporosis.
• Your menopause starts before you hit the age 40.
• You had your ovaries removed before turning 45.
• You’ve started experiencing menopause symptoms quite early (before age 45) due to radiation or chemotherapy.
• Other treatment options are not relieving your symptoms.
Get Your Hormone Therapy Questions Answered
If you’re a man or woman facing symptoms like headaches, hot flashes, insomnia, night sweats and bone loss, consider taking advantage of hormone therapy at Texas Intimacy & Wellness Center in Lufkin. We’re committed to making your life better whether you’re struggling with hormone imbalance symptoms or other urological or sexual health issues. Contact us today to schedule an initial consultation.